The latest android software has barely stepped itself on Nexus 5 but we have got our hands on the root privileges that we will be guiding you in this round up. We have a simple procedure that you may follow if you want to upgrade Nexus 5 to Lollipop.
Make sure you do not forget to follow the following list of pre-requisites before rooting your Nexus 5:
- All of your data will be lost and to refrain from such a situation make sure you have a back up of all your images, videos and documents.
- There are various risks involved in this process make sure you are okay to take the risk.
- You need a bootloader for nexus 5 to upgrade your phone to the latest android version.
How to Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.1 Lollipop – Main Procedure:
- Go to the developer’s option and then USB debugging should be enabling. If you do not find this option in your phone. Navigate to settings then about phone and tap the builder’s number until you see a notification that says this option has been enabled. Then go back to the main page of settings you will see it at the bottom of your menu settings.
- Make sure you have the USB drivers for Nexus 5 installed on your PC.
- Also make sure your battery is fully charged and if you haven’t make sure you charge it.
- Download ADB tools, Go to the ADB tools folder on your PC.
- Now download fastboot for Windows after installing the ADB tools.
- Download SuperSU v2.46 on your PC.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to your nexus 5. Now temporarily turn off your debugging mode.
- In order to do this connect your smart phone to your PC with a USB cable.
- Download ClockWorldMod Custom Recovery file to your PC and place it in the plat form tool folder.
- Restart your smart phone in Fastboot then turn it off.
- Hold and press the volume buttons until the fastboot menu is visible on your screen.
- Open windows explorer window and go to the platform tools folder.
- In the blank space in the window right click your mouse and hold shift.
- Type the following command.
fastboot recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206 hammerhead.img
- To select the recovery mode use the volume keys of your phone and hit power to enter that mode.
- From CWM use volume keys to select install zip and then select zip from your SD card.
- Locate the SuperSU file that you copied over earlier. Then press the power button confirms and later you will have to reconfirm as well until you see the notification bar at the bottom of your screen where you will see “install from SD card complete”.
- Navigate to the main menu and then reboot to Nexus 5.
- The first boot will take a long time. Just make sure you do not freak out. Go have lunch and do not disconnect your phone.
- Once your smartphone has been rebooted.
- Install RootChecker from the Google store to check your root status. Once it’s done you will get a confirmation message.
- If you find yourself in the boot loop. You just go on and switch it off and reboot into fastboot.
- Go to the recovery mode and wipe all the data including cache and reboot again. This will do the trick.