Lenovo has launched the budget A6000 budget smart phone in India last month. It is no doubt the most affordable 4G device in the world right now. The Lenovo A6000 features a 5-inch HD display with a lot of other perks such as an 8 GB built in storage and a front, back camera of 2 and 8 megapixels respectively. Following are the guidelines that you need to follow if you want to install a custom recovery on your Lenovo A6000. Installing a custom recovery on Lenovo A6000 may seem like a tough job but in reality it is quite easy we have a few pre requisites for you in this round up that you should follow.
- Make sure that the battery of your device is charged to prevent unexpected shut down. Make sure you have a battery of at least 70 % before installing the custom recovery.
- Enable the USB debugging mode through settings and developer options.
- Setup ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC to install custom recovery on your Lenovo A6000 from here.
- Now finally make sure that you have downloaded the custom recovery for Lenovo A6000.
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 to your PC through data cable.
- Place the downloaded recovery-yu-img file C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
- Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
- Open the command window in the above folder(press ctrl+shift and right click).
- Now, type the following command and press enter. “abd devices“
However this command list will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number comes up you are good to go so you can continue. If you do not see your phone listed then your drivers are possibly not installed properly and you will have to re download it.
- Now type “adb reboot bootloader” This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
- Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img“.
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following code “fastboot reboot” The phone will reboot.
These are some of the easy steps that you must follow in order to install custom recovery on your Lenovo A6000 do let us know if you have any questions or issues regarding this procedure even though it is explained properly above moreover if you have accidentally download some other custom recovery file just go into the command option and write “img” file.