Both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have wireless charging capabilities built right in. These smartphones will work with the two major wireless charging standards: WPC/Qi and PMA. You can easily find these wireless charging stations at airports, cafes, and other public places. If you want to purchase a Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge wireless charging pad for your home or office, there are lots of alternatives to choose from. Here are five wireless charging pads for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge to buy in 2015 that will work with your phone, as well as other smartphones.
1. Samsung Mini Wireless Charging Pad for Galaxy S6 and Edge – Buy Now
When buying an accessory for your Samsung phone, it often sensible to buy an accessory that is also manufactured by Samsung. This charging pad for Galaxy S6 comes with one-year warranty. It operates under the Qi/WPC standard, and is small in size. A built-in LED indicator shows if your device is properly aligned on the charging pad or not. This model also comes with a spare two amp wall charger.
- Reasonably priced
- Small in size, takes up less area on your desk
- Meets WPC criteria for low power consumption
- No wires to deal with
- Some phone cases can hinder with charging
- Phone must be correctly aligned on charger
- Some users have reported that pad stops charging even before the device is fully charged
- Some find larger pads make it easier to position the phone correctly on the first try
2. CHOETECH Qi Wireless Charging Pad for Galaxy S6 and Edge – Buy Now
This deeply discounted Galaxy S6 wireless charging pad from CHOETECH is kind of a relief from those expensive Wireless charging mats. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on the wireless charging pad, this is a good choice to think about. This is also a good option for those people, who have older devices with a faulty charging port. Do note that this charger does not come with a wall charger plug.
- Available in different colors
- Easy to know when device is charging or not
- Consumption of phone during charging may increase the risk of overheating
- Won’t operate with phone cases over 5mm thick
- Does not trickle charge
- Some users reported breakdowns within a year of purchase
3. RAVPower Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Wireless Charging Pad – Buy Now
It is a slim wireless charging pad for galaxy S6 and attractive enough that it will look good in your home or office. Unlike other Qi mats, this mat goes into “idle” mode as soon as you remove your phone from the pad. This helps save energy costs.
Along with the wireless charging pad, you’ll discover the RAVPower charger, a DC 5V/1.5A AC Adapter, a microUSB cable, and a user manual. RAVPower’s wireless charger also provides a wirless car charger.
- Slim and lightweight
- Easy to place phone correctly
- Reasonably prices
- Restricted color options
- Looks are similar to other chargers
- May not funtion on phones with very thick cases
4. PowerBot PB1027 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger – Buy Now
This PowerBot charger will make a small beep sound to inform that you have centered the phone correctly. This wireless charger functions with a USB port with an input from 500mAh to 2100mAh. It can be plugged directly into your TV or computer. The output required is one amp. This inexpensive Qi charger is perfect for those who are looking for a small charger with a unibody design and lots of color.
- Available in multiple colors
- Anti-slip coating is designed to reduce the danger of scratches on your device
- Charging cable is built in to the charger
- Devised to avoid overheating
- Some people may prefer a larger charger to prevent device overhang
- Reviews are mixed
- Included cables are quite short in length
5. Qi Infinity Power Wireless Desktop Charger – Buy Now
This Qi charger works under the WPC criteria, so it is compatible with the new S6, and also with many other smartphones that support wireless charging. It has one year warranty. We like it because it can be used as a media stand while your device charges on a desk. This means that it is easily accessible to take calls, read email, watch video, or even play games while your phone is charging.
- Multiple coils give you better litheness when placing your phone
- Acts as a media stand
- Stable, unlikely to tip over
- Charge in portrait or landscape mode
- Only under warranty for one year
- Won’t work with thick cases